Wednesday 8 October 2008

And yet more luxury!

This year my birthday coincided with the Hari Raya celebrations celebrating the end of Ramadan, so it was clearly an excuse to go away for a few days. Having made the most of my contacts here in KL we headed to the Berjaya Resort and Spa in Redang on a special package with an upgrade thrown in. Looking forward to my sea view room I was a little concerned when the Manager said that they were very full until he asked if we would mind being upgraded again to a suite!! I'm telling you I really could get used to living the high life. It was a beautiful apartment and I miss the glorious bathroom when I'm attempting to wake up under the comparative trickle that is my shower in my pokey ensuite.
The weather was beautiful, the sea crystal clear and my sun lounger just close enough to the refreshments. I was also treated to a session in the spa on the birthday - fantastic! Some wine and a very naughty cheese platter finished the day off perfectly. No dancing til dawn though - does that mean I'm getting old? Hope not!

No comments: