Tuesday 21 October 2008

Petronas Towers

After over a year in KL I've finally made it up to the viewing deck of the Petronas Towers! Although I have visited these iconic buildings regularly and use them instead of a compass around town I have never actually made it up them. Luckily for me Kris came to visit from Bangkok and it was on his itinerary of to dos, so up we got early and queued with the masses.

We did have to sit through what can only be described

as an 8 minute long advert for Petronas it was a lovely trip. Unfortunately it had rained, again, so the view wasn't that great, but there definitely a feeling of being somewhere special. Admittedly I was a tad concerned when the video told me the platform was suspended between the buildings and not really attached, and that when the wind blows it can sway up to 75 cm, but I soon got over that and started pointing out landmarks to Kris.

No comments: