Wednesday 4 July 2007

My Class

Today I said goodbye to my class. I think this has to be my favourite year teaching so far. This group of kids are fab and there has never been a dull moment. Admittedly, I was a tad concerned on the first day when one of them bared his teeth, growled and howled like a monkey for the first hour and several others bounced around like tigger. They are the duracell bunnies of kids - they just keep going. Everytime I think I've worn them out they find a new reserve of energy from somewhere.

I will miss how one of them will suddenly burst into song and the others will join in one by one - while still carrying on with their work. Last weeks song of choice was "I love you baby" - nothing to do with me at all I promise! As for the dancing I just witnessed at our party - they would give Justin a run for his money.

There are several 'class clowns' so there is normally something to laugh about - and they get so excited about the games (educational of course!) that we play. Most of them are so enthusiastic about their learning and they all try to tell me things or find things out that I don't already know. I am sure they will go a long way! Maybe one day I'll be saying - Ah yes the Prime Minister of Thailand - she was in my class when she was 7.

No comments: