Saturday 22 September 2007

Trapped!

Speeding along the highway in the back of a taxi on our way into town the other day I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye. Trying not to unduly freak out my new bug-phobic friend I suggested gently that she move forward thinking that it was just a gecko or fly. However, her movement forward frightened the the giant bug which proceeded to run all round the back of the cab accompanied by the sound high pitch screeching. Unable to get out we tried to bat it back and fowards between us with whatever came to hand. Our initially alarmed taxi driver glanced back and, while weaving from lane to lane, informed us with huge grin on his face that it was only a cockroach. Needless to say this did not calm poor Hannah down nor endear me to the crawlie. When we were finally able to pull over and tumble out of the car a very large glass of wine was in order and shopping was well and truly out of the window.

No comments: