Tuesday 12 February 2008

Who Needs Horror Movies?

Last week I experienced the best that medical insurance can buy in KL. After over 2 months of feeling like I had a perpetual hangover I was finally referred to a gastroenterologist at Gleneagles. Don't worry, some delightful tests have shown that there is nothing really nasty going on, but I am suffering the after effects of some hardcore bacteria which has ravaged my stomach. Ah, the joys of living in Asia - I may love the street stalls but clearly they don't love me!

Getting discharged was harder than breaking out of Alcatraz (they wouldn't remove my canula or give me my medication until the insurance company had paid up!) but when I did I was presented with a goody bag. In addition to all the little pills to make me feel better I found ultrasound pictures of all my organs and ......a dvd. Yes they kindly gave me a dvd of my endoscopy and colonoscopy! It has been sitting on my table for a week now and today curiosity got the better of me........ Don't worry I won't go in to details, but I will admit I really didn't need to see that. Whoever thought that providing patients with footage of their insides should really have their head seen to!

No comments: