Sunday 11 November 2007

The Crazy World of the Kuching Cat Museum

I am pretty sure I have NEVER laughed so much in my life as I did in the Kuching Cat Museum. From the minute we walked through the open jaws of a giant cat face that marked the entrance we were giggling but the further we got into the 'museum' the louder our laughs became. Soon we were clutching our stomachs, shoulders shaking and tears running down our faces. The disapproving looks from the attendant doing nothing to calm us down.

Although Kuching means cat opening a museum about them surely is one step too far. There were stuffed cats, photos of cats dressed up, cat trivia and even pet food on display. I was particularly impressed to see the Guiness Book of Records certificate giving the museum the honour of being the first Cat museum! I'm hoping one is enough and I doubt any other cat museum would be a patch on the one in Kuching. To whoever came up with the concept thankyou for a most entertaining half hour.

No comments: