Monday 1 October 2007

Langkawi Wowwee!

A Langkawi Wowwee at sunset

Headed off to Langkawi for the weekend and am now completely relaxed and chilled out. Pegged it out of work on friday and straight to the airport. Amazingly our Air Asia flight was on time and we made it to the Frangipani resort in time for a swim and a dip in the jacuzzi before having coctails as the sun went down.

As it is the off season it was lovely and quiet. The beach was nearly exclusively ours and I was able to curl up on a lounger with a book and a few cheeky beers. Not only is Langkawi beautiful but it is also duty free - yey cheap beer. We managed to sneak several bottles of booze back to KL. It was hard work trying to make our bags look light and simultaneously muffle the clinking of bottles but coupled with a winning smile we managed to elude customs.

More coctails with Sue, Lou and Lynsey

The resort was lovely and I particularly enjoyed my outdoor shower! I will be back to visit again definitely.

How many showers can I fit in a weekend I wonder?

No comments: