Monday 5 March 2007

Blind School Trip

Last Saturday I organized a group of students from school to take a group from the Blind School to the cinema ( I am hoping that you guys don’t need me to explain that blind people have other senses and can enjoy a movie as I had to with some of the parents!) There were 90 of us altogether, so it was quite an undertaking, but all the students were fantastic and we had a great day. We watched King Naresuan - the big Thai epic out at the moment and I have to admit that my heart sank when I realized there were no English subtitles. But is seemed quite appropriate – the blind kids couldn’t see the movie and, effectively, I couldn’t hear it. Mind you when I spotted the totty on offer I settled back for some sword-wielding, knight in shining armour fantasizing – not a bad way to spend 3 hours.

No comments: