Thursday 11 January 2007

Mmmmmmmmm!!!!


Don’t be too shocked but I have actually cooked THREE times this week!!!! I know I can hardly believe it myself. I have been inspired by the cooking course I attended in Chiang Mai where I created delightful dishes to excite the tastebuds. It could be the start of a new era although I have my suspicions it won’t last for long.

Had a lovely time up in Chiang Mai (although a tad chilly – I had to sleep in my hoody and get extra blankets from the guesthouse!). The first day we went to Ratchapruek – a huge flower festival in honour of the Kings 60th year on the throne. Without trying to sound too much like my Nana it was a lovely afternoon, and I particularly enjoyed the orchids – don’t worry I won’t post the numerous pics that I have.

We also went to visit one of the hilltribes and rode an elephant proving yet a gain what a total wiener I am – it got very close to the edge of the steep bank down to the river and was more than a tad stroppy - I must remember that I do not like getting on animals! Whitewater rafting, however, was more my style and even the temperature of the water could not wipe the smile off my face. Highly recommended.

No comments: