Friday 5 January 2007

Real Men

I like men. Men of the Aragorn son of Arathorn, Indiana Jones, Rhett Butler variety. Swashbuckling, larger than life, twinkle in their eyes rogues. Tall dark and handsome. Silent and brooding. Rescuers of damsels in distress. Admittedly this probably limits me when comparing them to non-fictional men, which could be where I am going wrong. So I am happy widen my sights to those who hit drums and strum guitars. Somehow even the dorkiest guys suddenly develop sex appeal in a superhero-esque transformation from geek into rock god. So although I have managed to cope with the fact that Thai men may not be the most macho (Katoeys aside there is a lot of handholding and male hugging goes on here - even the police look like they are auditioning for they YMCA video!) I was more than distressed when upon entering a bar with a live band belting out some classic rock tunes I found that the lead guitarist had a baby pink Hello Kitty guitar!

No comments: